The Non Technical and Popular Category (RRB NTPC) exam is the most important and sought after examinations among various exams conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board.
The NTPC examination is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for various posts in Indian Railways.
Being a Government Job RRB NTPC examination encounters intense competitions as the number of applications for the exam keeps increasing with the years. Aspirants who wish to appear for NTPC examination are required to do preparation with due diligence in order to outshine the competition.
The main focus should be to strategize the preparation in such a manner that the overall score is increased. Hence, we have come up with the tips and strategies to prepare for the most scoring section of the NTPC exam that can definitely add to the final score. Yes, we will talk about the strategies to prepare for the General Awareness section of Railway NTPC exam.
Tips to Score More In General Awareness of NTPC Exam
General Awareness is the highest scoring section and the best part is that it takes the least time to answer the questions of GK/GA. Let us move ahead to important strategies to prepare all these topics.
Tips for GA Preparation
- Get familiar with the curriculum – The syllabus of this section is comprehensive so let’s check out the important topics that need to be covered in the preparation of General awareness section-
- Books and authors
- People and places
- Science and technology
- Geography – India and the world
- Policy and management
- Economy India and World
- India’s and World’s latest achievements and current affairs
- Indian History – Ancient, Medieval and Modern
- Plan and prepare – Now make a weekly schedule to pick all the topics one by one based on the strong and weak area. Pay more attention to the topics that are difficult for you and simultaneously work on your strength as well.
- Keep handy the annual and monthly magazines – To upkeep your current affairs part of both national and international level it is imperative that you read the annual/monthly magazines regularly. Magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and Manorama will help you prepare the current affairs part conveniently.
- Newspaper Reading – when talking about the preparation of the General awareness section then importance of the newspaper reading cannot be ignored. Make it a habit that you read two credible newspapers of national level daily. This will not only upkeep your general knowledge but also enhance your english skills. Along with the newspapers it is good to follow news channels for regular updates.
- Make Notes – Any preparation is incomplete if it is not backed by the self made notes. While going through the newspapers, magazines and news channels make it a habit that you keep preparing notes for important dates, news, updates, etc. This will help you unravel the general awareness section.
- Revision & Practice – things learnt if not revised will not be retained in the memory for long. It is important to revisit all that you have gone through while preparing. You can also take mock tests and online quizzes to revise and test your preparation.
- Familiarity with the question pattern – It is important to know the type of questions you might encounter in the examination thus referring Previous year papers will help you know what types of questions are asked for GA section and the scope of questions on each topic.
Aspirants can chcek RRB NTPC Question Paper to check the variety of questions based on the General Awareness section. If you wish to score more in the General awareness section of RRB NTPC exam then look upon these strategies to prepare for the same and outshine the competition.